Reading - 20 minutes
*Read 20 Minutes (or more) each night
*Fill out Reading Log - DUE FRIDAY 12/18
*Dragon - Test Essay Packet - DUE FRIDAY
This essay (last 2 pages of the packet) must be 5 paragraphs
*FINISH CHARLOTTE'S WEB LITERARY ESSAY* At home
This essay must be 5 paragraphs
Paragraph 1 - Introduction
1. Mention the title, author, and genre
2. Restate your thesis (or Main question on TEST ESSAY)
3. Mention examples or parts you are going to talk about
Paragraphs 2, 3, 4 - Body Paragraphs
1. Mention specific examples from the story that support the thesis or Bullit Point Questions on TEST ESSAY
2. Connect back to the thesis/main question in your own words
Paragraph 5 - Conclusion
1. Restate the thesis/question and say that you have proven it
2. Make a connection to yourself or to the lesson the thesis is teaching us
*By giving the character of the Goose an idiosyncrasy, I think E.B. White is trying to teach us...
Math - 10-15 minutes
Problem of the Week
POW Due January 4th
WOW – Words of the Week - 5-10 minutes
Word Study Packet - Due January 4th
Test Prep - 10-15 minutes - DUE FRIDAY
"The Wishing Flower" Poem and Questions
Before reading the passage, be sure to:
*Read the directions
*Read the title
*Look at the picture
*THINK about who is in the story and what you think happens
*Read the question stems
*UNDERLINE key words in the questions
*Answer as many questions as you can by matching key words from the questions in the passage
*Read the passage in chunks
*Stop and THINK about the MAIN IDEA in each paragraph
*Stop and THINK
*Who is in the story?
*What is the setting?
*What is the problem?
*How is the character facing the problem?
*What is the lesson we are learning from this story?
*Double check your answers!