Sunday, January 07, 2007
ELA Test - This week!
The ELA Test is THIS WEEK
Tuesday January 9 - Reading Section
Reading 5-6 passages
Answering 28 Multiple Choice Questions
Wednesday January 10 - Listening Section
Listening to a story read aloud
Writing: 2 short responses
1 essay (about a character’s change in the story)
Thursday January 11 - Writing Section
Reading 2 passages (1 fiction, 1 non-fiction)
Writing: 3 short responses
1 essay (comparing both passages)
Make sure your child gets a good night’s sleep, eats a healthy breakfast and is ON TIME for school!
*Children who arrive LATE will not be allowed to take the test and will have to take a make-up test.
(Please go over with your children)
* No talking during the instructions and during the test
* Questions can ONLY be asked when the teacher says, “Are there any questions?” and you CANNOT call out your questions (you must give a quite “thumbs up”)
* Teachers CANNOT help students during the test – students should work on doing their best INDEPENDENTLY
* Students are NOT ALLOWED to leave the testing room until the test is over (so NO bathroom trips)
* Students cannot talk to other students during the test
Download Testing Strategies
Posted by LEGO Teacher at 9:19 AM