Wednesday, January 10, 2007
Remembering Martin Luther King Jr.
Some Great Websites to find information the life and work of Martin Luther King Jr.
Login with the username: Bronx
and the password: Bronx
Click on the red “Social Studies” box. Click on the “Martin Luther King Jr.” box. Watch the movie and then take the quiz.
Click on “Martin Luther King Jr. Day January 15th”. Read about Martin Luther King.
3. Scholastic News
(If this link doesn’t work, do a google search for “Martin Luther King slideshow” and click on the Scholastic link). When you get there, click on “slide show”and look at the pictures. You can explore the other links on the main page, too.
4. Martin Luther King Jr. Comic Book
5. "I have a dream" Speech http://www.americanrhetoric.com/speeches/mlkihaveadream.htm
Watch his famous speech
So what did you learn?
Comment on the blog and list three (3) things that Martin Luther King did to help end segregation and discrimination against African Americans.
What was Martin Luther King’s Dream?
If Martin Luther King were still alive today, what would you want to say to him? What do you think about what he did to help end segregation and discrimination? Do you have a dream for what you want your world to be like? What would you like to change about our world?
Write a letter to Martin Luther King, Jr. In your letter, please include:
* One thing you are glad that he did. Look back at your research for help.
* What your dream is for the future. What kind of world do you want to live in? Do you think we should work to end homelessness? Is pollution a problem? Think about what YOUR dream is.
* You may include a drawing, poem, or photo that you think Martin Luther King would like.
* Anything else you think Martin Luther King would be interested to know.
You may write you letter on lined paper, construction paper, or nice notepaper, or post it on the blog.
Write a letter that you would actually be PROUD to show Martin Luther King.
Your letter is due Tuesday January 16th
Posted by LEGO Teacher at 6:51 PM